Google

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

pg.5 Filtering Your Paints



Another way to keep your Airbrush clean and in good working order, is to keep your paint clean. If your not buying ready made paint from an Art supply store, and your mixing the paint yourself, as I do, there's always a chance that your paint isn't totally blended. There will be some lumps or specs that didn't get mixed. These specs and lumps will clog your Airbrush. Now that you know how to take your Airbrush apart and how easy it can be, you really don't want to take it apart every 5 minutes because it's clogged. This can really take away from the enjoyment of painting. Store bought paints are Great. they come already mixed, smooth, and come in a Squeezable plastic bottle. Very cool and easy. However, if money is a problem, mixing The paint yourself will be the alternative. So, filtering your paint is a must. You can buy Paint filters from your local Kelly Moore Paints, or Home Depot, but this to can cost more money. I have found a pretty good way to filter my colors. If you have a Wife, Girlfriend, Sister, or mother, they always have an old pair of "Panty Hose" laying around. This works really well. If your one of the many Female Airbrush Artist, your ahead of the Game. I also have three cats. There is always empty cat food cans at my disposal. I clean the empty cans, mix my paint in them and then I take an old pair of Panty Hose, cut a piece from the "LEG" part, and stretch this over the can, then secure it with a piece of masking tape. This video will self explain for you. Watch and learn...This is my Home Grown Method.

Here are some of my Airbrush paintings. I hope you enjoy them...captphrank



These are My Graphic Murals.Some were Airbrushed, and others were Painted with conventional Latex house paints and 1/4 inch masking tape was used to create their Linear effect.These were Painted in Electronics assembly rooms and Some were painted in Hospitals.I hope you enjoy these as well.

No comments: