Google

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pg.4 Cleaning Your Airbrush



As long as we have the Airbrush apart, lets begin cleaning it. I like to use rubbing alcohol. Most tutorials on airbrushing, will use a special "Airbrush Cleaning Fluid". I really don't believe there is a special fluid made just for airbrushes. This is just a selling of more products gimmick. I have been using Rubbing Alcohol for 28 years and NEVER had any problems with it's properties interacting with the airbrush. I like it because the Alcohol breaks down the hard dried paint very fast. and it will not rust parts. You can use plain water if no Alcohol is available. Just make sure you thoroughly dry the Airbrush and "Shake" out any excess water. Then Blow it out with 30-35 pounds of air.Another selling gimmick is an Airbrush Lubricant".. Some instructors would have you put a lubricant on the needle for smoother gliding in and out of the Airbrush. I think this is a false procedure. As soon as you begin to spray paint out of the Airbrush, your store bought lubricant is going to be flushed out the Airbrush. Lubricating the external parts or anything that is screwed on might be O.K. I also like to use some Plumbers Tape for the "Head Nut"..sometimes air can leak out here and cause your compressor to work harder as explained in the "compressor" section.

Here are some of my Airbrush paintings. I hope you enjoy them...captphrank



These are My Graphic Murals.Some were Airbrushed, and others were Painted with conventional Latex house paints and 1/4 inch masking tape was used to create their Linear effect.These were Painted in Electronics assembly rooms and Some were painted in Hospitals.I hope you enjoy these as well.

No comments: